To prevent infection and to slow transmission of COVID-19, do the following:
· Wash your hands often with soap for at least 20 seconds, or clean them with alcohol-based hand rub/sanitizer, especially after being in public place or after blowing your nose, coughing, sneezing.
· Stay home and avoid unnecessary travel. Keep a distance of about 3 to 6 feet from other people if you must go out in public.
· Cover your mouth & nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezingor use the inside of your elbow if a tissue isn't available.
· Avoid touching your eyes, nose & mouth with unwashed hands. Wash your hands often & after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing.
· Clean frequently touched surfaces daily. This includes doorknobs, light switches, desks, computers, keyboards, cellphone etc.
· If you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms (coughing, fever & shortness of breath), separate yourself from people & stay at home. Consider trying telemedicine helplinefirst. They'll help you determine if testing is needed & advise you on what to do next.
· During isolation/quarantine period, stay in a separate room. Don't share clothes, towels, dishes, glasses & utensils with people in your home.
· If the virus is spreading in your community, restrict all activities outside. Don't leave your house unless absolutely necessary.
· If you're healthy & don't have any coronavirus symptoms, still you must maintain social distancing & follow precautionary advice.